ELIAS MOTSOALEDI LOCAL MUNICIPALITY is presenting an exciting career opportunity for qualified candidates across South Africa. They recently announced the availability of the Municipal Manager position in Groblersdal, with an application deadline of January 19, 2024. Eligible candidates should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Public Administration, Political Science, Social Science, Law, or an equivalent qualification.
To gain a comprehensive understanding of this opportunity, including the job description, requirements, and application procedure, please review the details below. Take a significant step towards becoming an integral part of the dynamic team at ELIAS MOTSOALEDI LOCAL MUNICIPALITY.
TERM OF APPOINTMENT: FIXED TERM EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT, NOT EXCEEDING A PERIOD ENDING ONE YEAR AFTER THE ELECTION OF THE NEXT COUNCIL OF THE MUNICIPALITY
PLACE OF WORK : Groblersdal
Closing Date: 19 January 2024
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor Degree in Public Administration/Political Science/Social Science/Law or equivalent.
- Minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience at a senior management level, with a proven track record of successful institutional transformation in the public or private sector.
- Minimum: R1,116,109
- Midpoint: R1,282,885
- Maximum: R1,449,660
Knowledge and Skills:
- Good understanding of relevant policy and legislation.
- Advanced understanding of institutional governance systems, performance management, council operations, delegation of powers, good governance, audit and risk management, and budget and finance management.
- Registration with a recognized relevant professional body.
- CPMD/MFMP from an accredited and recognized body in the unit standards prescribed for financial and supply chain management.
Key Performance Responsibilities:
- As the head of administration and accounting officer, provide advice to municipal political office bearers.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining a strategic management system for the municipality to ensure the achievement of strategic objectives and developmental/service delivery obligations.
- Accountability for financial management duties as outlined in the Local Government Act.
How to Apply: If you’re excited about this job opportunity and want to learn more, take a closer look at the detailed job description provided in the linked PDF. To apply for the position, simply click on the link below and download the PDF associated with it. Inside the document, you’ll find step-by-step instructions on how to complete the application process.