Mediclinic is on the lookout for dynamic individuals to join their team as Operating Department Assistants across South Africa. This permanent position comes with the chance to make a real impact in healthcare. The application deadline is approaching fast on 8 Jan, so don’t miss out on the opportunity to be part of this incredible team.
Mediclinic Limpopo | Polokwane | South Africa
Closing Date: 08/01/2024
Number of Positions: 1
Recruiter Name: Prudence Nosicelo Magawu
Reference Number: 45910
Workplace Type: On-site
Employment Type: Permanent
Main Purpose of Job: To serve as a scrub practitioner, circulator, and anaesthetic assistant under the indirect supervision of a professional nurse. Provide assistance in the recovery room under the direct supervision of a professional nurse.
Key Responsibility Areas:
- Continuously deliver safe, quality patient care in collaboration with the multi-disciplinary team, following set theatre standards.
- Ensure effective peri-operative preparation for an allocated theatre list.
- Adhere to infection prevention and control principles to mitigate clinical risks.
- Ensure optimal utilization of equipment and pharmaceutical stock to minimize financial risks.
- Essential Education: Operating Department Assistance Diploma
- Desired Education: None
- Essential Minimum Experience: None
- Desired Experience: None
Required Job Skills and Knowledge:
- Theatre environment and operations
- Aseptic technique
- Infection prevention and control (IPC) principles and protocols
- Instrument management techniques
- Computer literate (Microsoft Office)
- Record keeping
- Risk identification
Note: All applicants will be considered, with the understanding that preference will be given in accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of Mediclinic Southern Africa, as well as internal applicants/employees that meet the minimum requirements.
Application Procedure: To apply for this exciting job opportunity, carefully read the job requirements and description. Click on the link below to apply online, complete the application form with the necessary information, and review the details before submitting.